Welcome to the MJHS Athletic Department!
What do you need before you participate?
Public Schools has gone electronic and the Athletic Packet is now
obsolete. You must now sign your student up to play sports online at
- Sports physical: Completed after March 1, 2016 (it is good for one year). Doctor must sign off on the proper form.
- Paid Athletic fee: $75.00 per sport (if you make the team) / $35.00 for flag football, chess and dance. This fee can be tax deductable if the proper requirements are met*.
- Health Insurance: All student athletes must have health insurance. If you are currently uninsured, click here:
- for the names of a few insurance policies that can be purchased to cover your child for MJHS athletics.
- (Mesquite Junior High is not affiliated with, nor does it endorse, any of these insurance policies. Thank you.)
Please note the following eligibility requirements for MJHS athletes:
Grade Requirements: Minimum 2.0 GPA and no “F’s”
PRIDE Program: Athletes cannot participate in games/matches if 8th hour is earned that day
who fail to meet district grade requirements can be placed on a
practice/no play (games) status or removed from the team.)
*Tax Credit Donation: An AZ tax deductable donation of $200 (single return) or $400 (joint return) may be made towards MJHS athletics. Please specify the sport you would like this donation to go towards (i.e. MJHS Boys Basketball) on the donation form. This money will only be used towards new equipment, uniforms and tournament registration fees. It's a win/win--money back on your taxes and additional funds for our athletic programs!!
PDF of AZ tax credit donation form: Available in the MJHS administrative office or download from: